Monday, February 15, 2010

My Favorite Rare Movie Posters

It seems quite the fascination of these days, with old things. Or maybe there have always been, but it was a bit hidden away in small niche corners, and unnoticed by the masses. TV shows like The Traveling Road Show, and the Internet with its endless collection of things on auction sites like eBay have brought the old stuff in the foreground. Or perhaps the least of factors could perfectly well that I'm getting older and begin to notice what thesame age as me. Nah, it could not.

Regardless, one of the fascinating old type of material in circulation these days is rare movie posters. At least, I find these things fascinating, because I've always had a fondness for films and posters. As a child, my bedroom walls were often adorned with all manner of posters. From movies, music, favorite books, strange abstract images.

Album art covers are used, an obsession of mine, too.Who I was afraid to admit how many albums I bought in my teenage years is based solely on the appearance of the artwork on the cover. Sometimes I had never heard the song before. The progression into tiny CD cover certainly ruined that obsession, as the popularity of downloadable MP3 files has, over all, but she pressed to dust.

Luckily, though posters of all kinds to enjoy a bit of a resurgence in those days. Driven partly by the number of people home theaterto install in their homes. Nothing like a few to create life-size framed posters of some heinous b-grade movie a real theater feel in your home. Antique popcorn machines, and full of couches lazy boy theater seating is simply not enough.

Truly original and rare movie posters can be very expensive. And hard to find. The price is often driven by several factors higher. The most important factor, and obviously, would be the filmthemselves. While some of the smaller B-class now, and sci-fi horror flicks may be a very niche underground to, it's really popular films like The Wizard of Oz, that the amount of driving up the prices of their posters will have today.

I personally like the older sci-fi and horror movie posters, but that's just the kind of films I had's watching when I was a child in those days. If I have some favorites for my home theater to get the walls where it would be in the movie Casablanca,Rocky (the first), the Star Wars and The Natural.

birdman birdmen Autobiography

0 comments:

Post a Comment